Pages

Wednesday 21 March 2012

SPRING IS HERE AT LAST!

I love all the spring flowers emerging and the sound of birds excited at the feeling of hope that spring brings.  I even had forty winks with my pigs in the glorious sunshine yesterday!  I seem to have been inspired by anything painted, knitted or woven in primary colours.  I loved the lastest Bath Decorative and Antiques Fair, the variety and the sheer quirkiness of some of the stands.  Particularly exciting were the bright colours and fair ground feeling provided by Doe and Hope with their fabulous vintage fairground ride seats and Victorian paraphernalia.  I was inspired by Piccadilly Antiques too and John explaining about the sampler from Penzance with it's crab claw frame.  OLD had as last year a particularly intriguing and quirky stand with a 1930s lime green sofa, overlooked by metal cabinets painted in primary colours, and the wooden troll like figures in it's small metal fabulous polished metal/glass display cupboard.


Shepton Mallet last week felt very cold, grey and with what felt like considerably fewer stands.  I found myself buying a crotched green square with big red flowers on it and a wonderful mat/wall hanging made with strands of bright coloured wool from one of my favourite stands.  If anyone knows about the latter would love to know more about how it was made/who made it.  It is always a joy to see what Liz van Hassault has been storing up, and I wasn't disappointed.  Other than that it seemed quiet.


Found myself drinking delicious coffee from a stunning vintage cup and saucer in front of a table full of the most delicious cakes, meringues, cookies etc whilst listening to a wonderful pianist on Saturday at a Vintage/Retro fair at Oriel Hall, Larkhall.  Particularly loved the rosepetal cake, as well as all the stalls!  Lovely event.



Things are hotting up for the three Brocantes this year on 12th May, 9th June and 14th July.  Alice Park was looking stunning in the spring sunshine, and I could almost close my eyes and be transported to a pretty French town adorned with fabulous Brocante finds!  BBC Home and Antiques will be taking space, as will Texworks, myself and some new dealers:  Magpie, Old Hat, Heritage Living selling a mixture of vintage clothing, French kitchenalia, decorative antiques.  Beccy Shelton Agar will join us with her fabulous French vintage texties and clothes and other quirky finds.  Refound Reloved and Elise M, Puce and Co will also be coming for the first time.  Am always on the lookout for new and interesting stands, and in particular would love to find some vintage toy dealers.  Please get in touch if you are interested in joining this unique and interesting event.

1 comment:

  1. I love spring summers! I want to live stay at B&B Bournemouth

    ReplyDelete