Pages

Wednesday 13 July 2011

UPDATE ON NEXT BROCANTE

Am very excited after visit to Texworks in Melksham earlier this month.  This is an incredible and progressive upcycling venture set up by Steve Weekes, who runs sewing workshops and drop in sessions where she gives people a chance to give old clothes (from modern to vintage) a new lease of life.  Steve has created an incredibly friendly and inspiring atmosphere, and as I drank my coffee I chatted to the women who were there about what they were creating.  One lady was making a mac from some vintage curtains, another a cushion from pretty gingham remnants.  I look forward to participating in September.  I the meantime you can contact Steve www.texworks.co.uk  Otherwise you can see her and learn more, and see some of her beautiful upcycled items at the Brocante on the 24th September.

1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting to visit Steve's workshop all year. It sounds amazing! Lizzie

    ReplyDelete